National and International Photo Contests
- BBC Wildlife Photographer or the Year Contest. 2-First Places Awards, Wild Places 1997 and Animals in Their Environment 2004. This contest receives 20,000 photographs from photographers worldwide and is considered the most prestigious contest worldwide for nature photographers.
- Nature's Best Photo Contest 2002-2005 Several Honorable mentions with subsequent group exhibit in Smithsonian Museum
- Alaska Airlines Magazine, First Place (2004)
- National Wildlife Magazine, merit award and back cover, (1998 )
- Lowepro/Outdoor Photographer Magazine, First Place "Endangered Spaces" (1997)
- Rock and Ice Magazine First Place (1994)
Solo Exhibitions and Art Festivals:
- Invited Artist to Utah Arts Festival 2010
- ARUP Laboratories, June 2010
- 17 Fine Art Photograph Installation at Salt Lake Regional Medical Center 2009
- Gallery UAF, Artspace, Salt Lake City, Utah March 2009
- Park City (Utah) Kimball Arts Festival August 2008
- Evolutionary Health Care Gallery, Salt Lake City, Utah. June 2008
- Art and Soup Community Fundraiser, Salt Lake City, Utah March 2008, 2009, 2010
- Vail, Co and Telluride, Co Art Festivals, August 2007
- State Wine Store July 1, 2006 to September 30, 2006. Utah Arts Council
- The Gallery, NPS Pharmaceuticals, Research Park , SLC, Utah March-May, 2006
- Solo Exhibit Pioneer Theater Salt Lake City, Ut. November, 2005
- 15 Years of Wanderlust, University Hospital, University of Utah. (2005)
Polar Bear Photograph permanently exhibited in the Smithsonian Museum.
Select Group Exhibitions:
- Group exhibit Museum of Natural History in London and traveling exhibit in Europe as part of BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year Contest. (1997,2004)
- World of the Wild, Hogle Zoo, Honorable Mention, Purchase award(1999-2010)
- Monte L. Bean Life Sciences Museum, Brigham Young University, 1st Place Award, Animal Wildlife. (2004) Purchase Award. (2003)
- Salt Lake International Airport, (1993-2003)
- Group photography exhibit at Phillips Gallery, SLC, Utah 2007
Magazines: Newsweek, National Geographic Adventure, National Wildlife, BBC Wildlife (England), Field & Stream, Outdoor Life, Outdoor Photographer, Powder, Rock and Ice, Bugle, Backpacker, Natural History, Nikon World (Featured Photographer), Outside, Ranger Rick, Skiing, Utah Outdoors, Sierra, Salt Lake City
Covers: National Wildlife (back cover), Animals, National Geographic Video (Box Cover), The Wilderness Society (back cover), Cerca, Alaska Airlines, Territory Ahead, National Science Foundation, Mountaineers Books, Arctic Research
Calendars: Inner Reflections, Greenpeace, Cabellas, Audubon Engagement, Sierra Club Engagement, Willow Creek Press, Barnes & Noble Wildflower calendar, Utah Office of Tourism, Avalanche Publishing, Greatland Graphics, Zebra Publishing, BrownTrout
Corporate/Nonprofits: National Geographic Books and Video cover, Black Diamond, Patagonia, Voile, Anheuser-Busch Companies, Ericsson Inc., Coldwater Creek, Nature Conservancy, The Wilderness Society (Catalogue Cover), Natural Resources Defense Council (mailing), Orvis, Arbor Day Foundation
Previous: Gallery Representation
- Palmer's Gallery, Trolley Square, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Marco Polo, Snowbird, Utah
- Mountain Colors, Snowbird, Utah.
- Picture This, Cottonwood Mall, Utah.
- Evergreen Gallery, Salt Lake City, Utah.
I have given numerous slide presentations to the public and professional groups.
Slide shows during 2009-2010 have included :
- May, 2009 "Travels to Patagonia and Mexico Monarch Butterfly Migration" at Brewvies for Save our Canyons
- April 2009 "Impacts of Climate Change on Wildlife" Utah Public Health Laboratories Conference on Global Warming
- February 2010 "Starting a Second Career and transitioning from Film to Digital photography. I gave 75minute presentation to the Utah Chapter of American College of Emergency Physicians
- University of Rochester, B.A. General Science 1973-76
- Univ of Utah College of Medicine M.D degree 1980
- Board Certified Emergency Medicine 1991-2021
- Since 1983, I have worked in hospitals throughout Utah, Western U.S. and Alaska as an ER physician
- Dr. Frank Yanowitz, Director of Fitness Institute, LDS Hospital and Professor University of Utah College of Medicine 801-408-5302
- Dr. Brian Moench, Director Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment 801-243-9089
- Rick Reese, Acting Director of Greater Yellowstone Coalition 406-585-9423